Saturday, February 6, 2016

Crenshaw & One for the Murphy's #MustReadin2016




2/36

I finished Crenshaw last week. I found myself annoyed at Jackson's parents at times and felt I never really got to know Crenshaw as a character. Since he was an imaginary friend, maybe that was the point.  I love how this book raises awareness about hunger and homelessness and how easy it is to find yourself in a difficult economic situation. Jackson's relationship with his little sister was my favorite part of this book. He was a character with character!


3/36

My class read Fish in a Tree for the Global Read Aloud in October and that was the first book I read by Lynda Mullaly Hunt. I loved Fish in a Tree, but was told that One for the Murphy's was a must read.  I'm so glad I listened to those smart friends. One for the Murphy's was a book I could not put down. I read it in one sitting, with tissues nearby. Carly's story immediately drew me in and Mrs. Murphy was an unforgettable character. While I don't feel I could read this to my third graders, I am glad it is a book that lives inside me now. 

33 more to go! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment